Born Olushola Ajose in southeast London to Nigerian parents, it’s not hard to spot the impact his Nigerian heritage and British upbringing have had. Fusing together his passion for grime, rap and afrobeat with a love for a good hook, Afrikan Boy is steadily carving out his own niche in the MC circle. With a self-assured musical style - his lyrics are as dynamic as his musical tastes, citing everyone from Fela Kuti and King Sunny Ade to 2Pac, Slick Rick and Dizzee Rascal as influences.
After a brief hiatus Afrikan Boy is back announcing his sophomore album is in the works. With the announcement, he released the Griot inspired song ‘LITW’. This time Afrikan Boy has teamed up with Pledge Music and 2017 is already shaping up to be an exciting year for the young MC who in his brief hiatus became a father for the second time and took on acting duties on his stage play ‘One Day I went to *idl’ running at the Ballahaus in Berlin Germany.
Stay tuned……The next chapter begins
- 24th May Koko Camden supporting Amadou & Mariam
- 10th June Meltdown Festival Southbank Centre London
- 15th Latitude Festival Suffolk UK
- 22 July Camberwell Fair London
- 29th FMM Sines Portugal
- 19th August Africa Centre Festival London
- 26th August Journey Festival Leicester UK
- 2nd September East Side Music Festival Berlin Germany